Sunday, December 5, 2010

CALLING ALL NEEDLEPOINTERS!

I go to the thrift store and the flea market at least once a week, sometimes 2 or more.  I have a habit of buying boxes of items that look interesting, usually for only a couple of dollars.  Needless to say, I wind up with a lot of stuff that I don't really need.  I group the like stuff together and give it away.  Other times, I come across something that is so special, I just can't leave it behind.  That is what this post is about.  Here is an assortment of Aida needlepoint cloth that I have accumulated over the summer.  A piece here, a couple pieces there.  I don't do needlpoint!
I know that Aida cloth is not cheap and it's just sitting and taking up space that I need. There are all different colors, sizes and counts here. I also found the following pieces.






(The last two pics are actually two halves of the whole.  It was too big for one photo.)

As you can see, the pieces are unfinished.  They are done in petit point (embroidery floss).
In addition I believe all the charts, graphs and DMC color numbers are there.  And the embroidery floss (no picture, you know what that is)!  The cost for the above - $5.00.  See?  To good to pass up!

I don't know if the person who did these died and the family just wanted to get rid of them or maybe they just got too old.  You would need really good eyesight and finger dexterity because the stitches and canvases are so small.  In any case, considering the workmanship, I really feel they should be finished and displayed.

If you are an enthusiastic needlepointer and would like to have either the cloth or the unfinished pieces (complete with instructions and floss)  or both, leave me a comment and I will draw numbers at random and mail them to you.  Make sure you leave an email address so I can contact you if your number is drawn.  I will be accepting requests until 12:00 PM next Sunday.  Merry Christmas and Happy Stitching!

Love from Liri

11 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Yes! Add me to the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds.. Please add me to the drawing..I'm one of those people that can't sit without something in their hands.

    When I first logged on to your blog this a.m. it was to ask you a question..I am wanting to do some old fashion embroidered dish towels and some applique ones but I'm not sure what fabric to buy.. Any suggestions? I went to a couple of shops in the St.Louis area yesterday but could not decide. I also thought about contacting Love or Ruth.
    Carolyn, wannabe quilter
    briesemo@i1.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific find. Hope who ever wins, will finish the pieces and enjoy them. Connie204

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find... as often as I have ever visited thrift shops I haven't ever found a treasure.... Lucky You.... Hope my name is drawn!! They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like a go at finishing some of these. I don't do Halloween so those could go to someone else...They are lovely...I wouldn't be able to pass them up either!
    freeindeed at myfairpoint dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, what a great find! I enjoy having something to do while watching TV at night and those would be perfect! It's not that I don't have enough projects to keep me busy, but I can't pass those up! Thanks! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do cross stitching and would love some of the fabrics. Hard to find some of those colors locally. Good find for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find and lovely partially done pieces.
    Don't put me in the drawing cause I have too many unfinished projects as it is. Thanks foe offering these treausures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are amazing finds. My favourite is the Santa under the starry sky.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely pieces! Makes me think of my sister who did beautiful counted cross stitch. I've hung several of her completed pieces in my home, and just yesterday found about 25 Christmas tree ornaments framed in gold in her decorations; of course, they are on my tree now! I shared some of her supplies, etc. with a friend who also does cross stitch. I don't, so don't include me in the drawing. But I do have an intense appeciation for cross stitch! How nice of you to share! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should have added that although I like all of your finds, I don't need to be included in the draw.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete