Saturday, November 27, 2010

KOALA REDWORK - Top is Almost Finished

In between working on the Christmas Dress, I have been tossing ideas around to finish the Koala Redwork quilt.  I had already decided on a medium red border for the basic blocks and was working on the finishing borders.  Did you notice that all the string blocks were lined up the same way?  Did this for a reason.  Here is what I tried first.
Ehh!  It was OK, but I thought the scale was off and I wasn't happy with the way it looked against the first border.   Notice the way the strips are slanted?  I did that on purpose.  So I took another look at my blocks.
Hmm, let's try this.  Flip the block and make the new border like an extension of the block.  This is what I came up with.
I scaled the strips down from the original two inches to 1-1/2 inches.  The red borders will finish at 3/4 inches, which is the size of the block borders and I will have to put together three more block for the corners.

I like it, lots!

Love from Liri


  1. I am in agreement. I like it lots, too!


  2. What a great idea for the alternate squares and borders. I like it lots, too!

  3. It's great! I love the way it is looking. What a great idea you had!

  4. Looks fantastic. This is going to be a wonderful quilt.

  5. I love this!! I'm not real fond of red, but you make it look good;)
    Happy Quilting!!

  6. I like it lots! Funny... I had that thought in my head, and then read your comment!

    Well done!