Hi all, been a long time gone but I am back in action now. Haven't had a quilting studio for a year and 3 months and I have been chomping at the bit, so to speak. There is so much to catch up on and I have so much to prepare, I thought the best way to start this post is with a list of quilts in progress and then a list of wannabes. So here goes the progress list (in no particular order):
1. A Tisket A Tasket - Yes, I know this is from last year, but I started it only 3 months ago.
2. Under the Sea - There is a previous post with some pictures of finished blocks.
3. Snowbound - Haven't completed any new blocks since the last post.
5. Train Quilt - All the embroidered blocks are finished, but you guys are gonna help me with layout, right?
6. Koala Redwork - Embroidery has been done for 2 years. I just finished up the alternating blocks.
7. Cathedral Windows - Haven't added any new rows because I had no place to cut fabric. Lots of new squares cut that I have to piece.
8. Delectable Diamonds - Got the embroidery mounted, chose the fabrics but need more mounted pieces.
9. Blue Diamond Silk for my son, Joe - Lots done but I need to make more units. It is getting nearer and nearer.
10. Pinwheels (Love's Summer Sherbert) - All the pinwheels are completed. I need my design wall for layout.
11. Fabric Frolic - This is a leader/ender project. I have 210 units complete and need 300 for one queen size and one king size.
12. APQ Swap Block - I have this one on the design wall.
Here is the wannabes list:
1. Red Silk for my son, Luke. - Have the ties and fabrics, just need to get it started.
2. Green/Purple Silk for my daughter, Jessica. - Again, ties and fabric, just need to get started.
3. Pinwheel Party - This is a BOM. I have all the directions. I am going to make this from the scraps I created while making the blocks for the Koala Redwork listed above.
4. Stained Glass Silk - To be made from the scraps of the red/green/purple/blue silks above.
5. Patriotic Denim - I have had a load of denim jeans and patriotic materials in my stash for so long. Think it is time to use them, don't you?
6. The Polka Dot Girls - have the embroidery designs (thanks, Ruth) and I think I have most of the fabric, too.
On top of all that, the ideas keep coming fast and furious so I will be adding to the Wannabes list as things pop into my head (whoops, there goes another one "The Polka Dot Girls"). Ah, so many quilts and so little time, LOL! Because I have so many projects in the works, I am going to deal with one at a time. Otherwise, my posts would take days to read.
Now this is just a starter (or should I say restarter) post. I have so much to tell you and so much to show you, I thought is would be better to deal with a few things at a time. Keep an eye out for me, OK?
Love from Liriopia