Saturday, November 20, 2010

BLOCK SWAP QUILT

This top is finished!  The quilt measures 72 x 92, a bit larger than I expected but I love the way it turned out and can't wait to be able to use it.  Here it is in all its glory:

Love, if you look closely, the setting triangles on the outside are a very pale blue.  I tried navy, but it was too dark.  Then I tried royal blue but it was too bright.  I pulled the pale blue thinking I might use it as the backing and just decided to try it as the setting.  It worked (for me, anyway).  I still have a lot of the blue left and may use it in a pieced backing.  I haven't decided yet.  All I need now is batting, so I am going to wait for the big after Christmas sale that Joanne's always run.  By then I hope to have a few other tops completed and waiting.

For those of you who have not yet finished your tops, I have two signed blocks left (yes, I included my own signed blocks as part of the center).  If you need them, let me know.  I will be more than happy to mail them to you.  Here they are:

I received Kathleen's scraps yesterday.  Look at this variety!

Isn't this fantastic?  I can see these scraps finding their way into my Cathedral Windows, the Pinwheel Party, A Tisket, A Tasket and Fabric Frolic.  The reds may also find their way into the Koala Redwork.  Thank you so much Kathleen!

The comments on the Christmas Dress have been very helpful.  As soon as I can "see" the completed dress in my head, I will start cutting.  Another post to come with the details.  Geez, wasn't this one a "Be Careful What You Wish For"?

Now I have to go and pull down the Block Swap Top and start playing with the Koala Redwork blocks.  One at a time, each of the quilts will get done and then I can start another one!  Yippee!!

Love from Liriopia

3 comments:

  1. I'll take those left over swap blocks if they are still available;) I have yet to put mine together, but would like to get it big enough to use if I ever choose to.
    Glad you are having fun again;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful!! Great layout.
    Looks like you got somefun scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great. Nice to see you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete