So, I decided for the month of May, that either I would finish some old projects (some have been around for at least 15 years) or give them away to someone who would. So I opened up my UFO bin and decided I would give away or finish whatever I pulled out. That being said, the first item I pulled out of the bin was the Double Wedding Ring quilt. I know I am a little late (by about a week, LOL) for this drawing, but I was honest and put my name in the hat along with Barbara, Bev C, and Karen of Alf & Lilly Creations. As Love said, if it is to be, then it is to be. The name that was drawn was:
Karen of Alf & Lily Creations
Congratulations, Karen! I am not sure I have your address, so send me an email and I will get it out right away.
The next project I pulled out of the bin was this. A thrift store find, a kit originally from JoAnne's. Essentially all I had to do was sew up the sides. DONE!
Next was this bunny. This is one of those 15 year projects. I started him when these Simplicity patterns first hit the market. This bunny is large, at least 24 inches, maybe a little bigger. He is FINISHED now!
This little bag was another thrift store find and, again, a kit from JoAnne's. Everything was there, but you had to cut the fabric, the batting, the applique heart, etc. I love how it turned out and it is FINISHED!
The next few outfits were started when my sons were in the second or third grades, when fancy jogging suits became fashionable for everyday wear. I made quite a few of these and my sons wore them to school. Not at all sure why these were not completed. So, I got waist and ankle measurements for Dylan and Liam and now they are FINISHED and in Grandmom's bag for the next time I see them.
This next project has been almost finished for quite awhile. It was a kit. The cross stitch was done. The applique was done. The pillow was ready and the ruffle was on. Only a few little stitches here and there. Took me about 15 minutes and then it was FINISHED!
I think I got disgusted with this and that's why I put it away. You see the smudges in the upper left hand corner? That's tar, courtesy of my husband and Kitty. I got the better part of it out, but this stain remains. I have no idea what to do with it now, but it is FINISHED!
In between finishing these UFO's, I also got Pinwheel Parade sandwiched and quilted. I still need to attach the binding and the pillow sham needs to be quilted and sewn together. Hopefully, I will complete that next week. After that, I am going to work on Summer Breezes. And, no, I have not forgotten about the tutorial I promised you for basting quilts WITHOUT crawling around on the floor. I tried to do the tutorial with Pinwheel, but the backing fabric and batting are black and none of the pictures turned out clear enough. But it should work well with Summer Breezes.
In addition to the above, I completed all the Barbie clothes. They have been stitched together for over a month but needed ties and snaps. That's all done and I am giving them to my niece's daughter (complete with the most annoying Barbie in the world, LOL). They are packed and ready for my next trip to the post office. They are FINISHED! Stay tuned tomorrow for the fabulous
MOST ANNOYING BARBIE IN THE WORLD FASHION SHOW!
Love from Liri