Sunday, January 13, 2013

SOME (BELATED) THANK YOU'S!

Hi All,

In keeping with my resolve to post at least once a week, this time I would like to offer some (very) belated thank you's.

About two years ago, Joann asked me to help her daughter, Laura, with a "Flat Stanley" school project.  For those of you who haven't heard about "Flat Stanley", it is a little paper person drawn and colored by the student and sent to spend a week with someone to see where they live and how they spend their time.  Laura sent me Ki-Ki!
Ki-Ki and I had a lot of fun that week (I wasn't working then) and I sent her back with a lot of pictures and an email diary of our adventures.  Laura, I understand, got an A for the assignment.  In appreciation, Laura made and wrote a lovely handmade thank you card and Joann sent me some goodies!  Five fat quarters, a scissor fob, a card and, of course, Laura's handmade thank you note!
I opened the package, cried a little bit, ooohed and aaaahed, and then put everything back in the envelope with the intention of
 publishing in a post.  Then I put the envelope away so I wouldn't lose it!  Do I have to spell this out?  I didn't lose the envelope, I lost where I put it!  I found it after Christmas when I pulled my sewing room apart while cleaning up and reorganizing.  So, Joann and Laura, my heartfelt thank you for the lovely gifts even though the pleasure of working with Ki-Ki was all mine!

I think it was back in September/November when Ruth blogged about making premie burial nightgowns out of a lovely white fabric with pink roses.  I asked her to send me the pattern as I have a lovely white fabric with yellow roses that would be perfect for these items.  Along with the pattern, Ruth sent me these goodies.
A Christmas ornament, tissue holder and a pretty card.  Thank you, Ruth!  I love them.  The Christmas ornament is just the right size to hold my rotary cutter.  It makes me smile everytime I work in my sewing room!

A total surprise at Christmas!  Received this package from Katie and was so surprised!  Isn't this little snowman just too cute!  I didn't realize Katie had made this until I saw her post them on her blog.  Katie, thank you so much for thinking of me.  He has been given a place of honor on a shelf in my sewing room.  No way I was gonna pack him away!
And now something that will either make you laugh or groan!  Back when we were swapping our APQ Blogging Buddies blocks, Ruth included this in the package with her blocks.  This is (I assume) the front side.  Pretty, isn't it?
However, me, being the airhead I sometimes am, couldn't figure out what it was!  I have since found out it is supposed to be a Christmas ornament!  Ruth, this is no reflection on you, believe me.  But, despite the fact I didn't have a clue, I put it to good use.  This is what the back looks like!
I have to tell you this is the most useful Christmas ornament I have ever received.  It holds all the needles I am using for my embroidery, my scissors are attached to it so I never lose them and it sits in my living room with my current embroidery project.  I use it every day.  See?  I told you it would either make you laugh or groan!

Love from Liri

4 comments:

  1. A terrific post Liri. How sweet of you to help Lauren with her project. Chrismtas decoration in December - needle holder for the other 11 months. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you are all caught up on thank you notes! So how's the sewing room cleaning/reorganization coming along? Doesn't Ruth always give the neatest gifts? (Yes, she does!) ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goodies. I am glad that someone else puts things away to keep them safe and then forgets them or forgets where they are. ;)
    It is amazing what turns up when reorganizing/cleaning that craft/sewing room.
    Look forward to seeing more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be I'm an airhead too 'cause I lose where I put stuff as well! Usually it's when I'm cleaning that I put stuff where I can't find it again. Maybe I shouldn't clean so often?! I'm glad you liked the snowman. His little sweater was one of the hardest pairs of socks to cut into and then by far THE MESSIEST when I did...all those little bits of thread, but it made for such great character on the edges, I suppose I don't regret cutting up the socks after all...

    ReplyDelete